Tuesday, 10 December 2013

A new blog, a High Mass, and two Missa Cantatas...

I'm very sorry that I haven't posted here for so long... I have been somewhat busy!
There is a very good blog I discovered from the comments of one of Cardinal Eccles' posts. It is an absolutely hilarious blog, in my opinion. Some of you who support the SSPX may not be best pleased with it, but I think it well worth the read... Here.

Anyway, on Sunday and also yesterday, the Oratory had splendid festivities for the feast of the Immaculate Conception... I think that the first solemn high E.F. Mass on the feast may well have been the first on their Patronal feast for some time... (I.e. 50 odd years!) The set of vestments used on the feast were splendid... The Missa Cantata yesterday in the Novus Ordo was very nice as well, and it is such a treat to hear a plainchant Mass setting. Cum Jubilo is one of the nicest settings...

And on the subject of Missa Cantatas, at Our Lady of Perpetual Succor, on the first Friday of every month since November, there has been a Missa Cantata there. I am having to MC them which is pretty nerve wracking... Even more so than for High Mass...
I will try to update my blog a bit more regularly....

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed my blog! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to leave your comment festering in the combox for so long... And happy Epiphany! And I must ask, how exactly ought one adress the Superior Major-General of the SSPG?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll leave that to your own private judgement - that certainly works for me!

    ReplyDelete