Monday, 8 July 2013

Breakfasting with a Bishop!

I really should start at the start so here goes!
Part 1
Monday evening:
Mom drove me and my sisters up to Manchester where we had some food with our friends, after which Mom left to go back home with my sisters...

Early Tuesday morning:
I woke up at 4 am, to the sound of my alarm... On of my friends in the same room gets up and has a shower... By 4:45, all 3 of us where awake and dressed, and by 5, we were in the car! By 5:20 we were all at Manchester airport, and saying goodbye to the Dad of my friends and had met up with the Priest and other person we were traveling with! By 6ish, we were through security, and left with an hour before we could begin boarding the plane... So we sat reading, before we went and got some breakfast... When the time had come, we went to the gate and had our passports and boarding passes checked. My seat was further down the plane than the rest of my group's so I was in between two complete strangers...

Later on Tuesday Morning:
The plane arrived without anything unusual happening and so I arrived at Pisa airport... After going through passport control, we were met at arrivals by two more English people, a Priest, and a vestment maker, who had come out on an earlier flight... We all got on the bus to Florence (Can you guess where I went yet?) and 70 minutes later, we arrived at the train station Sancta Maria Novella a 5 minute walk from the Church of the ICKSP in Florence... When we got there we found that the ceremonies of the Minor Ordinations were either over, or where taking place behind locked doors...

Tuesday afternoon:
So we went straight back to the station, where we met a nice Seminerian, from the ICKSP (Where else would a young man whereing a cassock come from in those parts?) He was waiting for someone from the Vatican to turn up but he had been waiting for a long time for the prelate to turn up, an so offered to give us a lift back to the seminary instead... The car he had only had three spare seats, so one of my friends, one of the Priests and me got to have a lift, while the others went on the train... 30 minutes later, after some insane driving and liberal use of the car horn, the 4 of us safely arrived at the seminary, where we were warmly greeted by the rector of the ICKSP Church in England, Canon Montjean, and given a very nice lunch! And lunch we went to unpack our stuff, and the others arrived  from the train station. After they ate, we all had a small rest before going to Mass celebrated by the 2 Fathers. I servers for one of them... After Mass, there was a ceremony in the chapel, in which the future Deacons and Priests were given their choir habits and some lay members were received into the society of the Sacred Heart. After that, a Bishop confirmed a couple of people after which we had dinner, followed be Compline and bed

To be continued tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fantastic. Looking forward to the next installment!

    ReplyDelete