Sunday, 30 June 2013

Pro Pace.

Last week (Wednesday 26th June) as I was reading the Catholic Herald, I noticed that Pope Francis has called for a ceasefire in Syria. The article did have a good cartoon alongside it... Anyway, I had a thought, if the Pope wants peace, why doesn't he order priests to add the Collect, Secret, and Post-Communion 'Pro Pace' at all Masses, both Ordinary and Extraordinary forms? With them being said many hundreds of thousands of times a day, the conflict can't last very long, can it?

Of course, Priests could addthese prayers of their own accord, at least in the EF, but I am not sure about the Novus Ordo! While they are at it, they could add a third (under the same ending as the second one) 'Pro Papa'!

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately (and I really hate to say this), the Holy Father probably didn't even think about doing such a thing. He has done some nice things and have said some nice things, but he isn't really a good Pope, so far... Of course I still respect and acknowledge him as my leader and as the Supreme Pontiff...

    ReplyDelete