Yesterday evening after we got back from Mass I discovered Richard Collins had tagged me for the meme that Mac from Mulier Fortis started!
Here are the rules
"You post the rules and a link back to the person who tagged you. You also tell them that they've been tagged on their own blog, rather than just hoping they'll discover it for themselves. Then you decide what three books are essential reading for anyone with a Kindle. Reasons would be good, but not essential. Then you tag five people."
Now for my three books:
1. The Shadow of His Wings. This is the amazing true story of Fr. Gereon Goldmann who was a Franciscan Friar at the outbreak of world war 2 and was finally ordained a priest sometime later! An amazing story of divine providence.
2. Smoke in the Sanctuary! A really good story about a priest who comes to his new parish in Cheeseminster and it is worse than the typical parish. By the end he is saying the Tridentine Mass daily (without permission from his bishop before Summorum Pontificum!) In the end he is in Fontgombault Abbey!
3. All of Louis de Wohl's books. Brilliant historic Saints novels! I have read 2 of them, The Quiet Light, which is about Saint Thomas Aquinas and Citadel of God which is about St. Benedict.
Now time for my five victims:
1. Simon at Catholic Reflections, I'm sure he has some good books he knows of!
2. Leutgeb at Bara Brith I don't think she has had this one yet... Just returned from Prague!
3. Antony at A Tiny Son of Mary, This is how I pay people back for being remotely interested in my blog!
4. Joseph at Defend Us in Battle, something to do while recovering!
and last of all
5. Peter at Hills of the North Rejoice, just to make up for my mistake with suggesting selling Scotland!
Thursday, 9 February 2012
Sorry about the long wait, but here are the photos of the snow at last! I had some difficulty getting the photos on to the computer. Here they are:
|The dogs enjoying themselves!|
|Me falling over!|
|Raph enjoying himself|
|Me managing to stand up again!|
|Me falling over for the 2nd time and Maria in hysterics!|
|My skid marks!|
|All of us together.|
|Mom falling down a hill!!!|
|It is easier to pull a sled on snow than ice! (I don't know why?)|
|Elizabeth in a field!|
|Dad trying to cross a partly frozen stream|
|Mom falling over on the ice!|
|Below are Dads attempts to cross a stream!|
|Dad falling in the stream!|
|Raph in the snow.|
|He is slowly turning into a polar bear!|