Monday, 18 June 2012

The Power of the Eucharist

Taken from "Healing through the Mass" pages84-85, published by Resurrection press and authored by Fr Robert DeGrandis S.S.J. NASA did some experimenting with a special type of camera that could see the energy levels in the human body. This is then seen on a monitor. This energy shows up as an aura around the body. NASA's interest in the experiment was to investigate the effects of space travel on astronauts in orbit. Experimenting in hospital, they discovered that, when a person is dying, the aura around the body is thinner and gets thinner and thinner until the person dies. The scientist carrying out this investigation in the hospital and his associate, were behind a two way mirror. They could see with their camera another man coming into the room with light coming from his pocket. Then the man took the object from his pocket and did something so that in the camera, the whole room was filled with light and with their camera, they could no longer see what was happening. They ran into the room to see what was causing so much light to appear in their camera. They discovered that the dying man was being given Holy Communion. Afterwards, with their camera,they could see that the aura around him was brighter. Although in his fifties, the scientist conducting the experiment decided to become a priest.

9 comments:

  1. Charlie! Greetings from Rome. Well done on your blog's first anniversary; you have done a wonderful job. You are certainly a very gifted young man; thank your parents, and praise God for his blessings. I live close to sanctuary that has the original icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour; I promise I will pray for your intentions before that beautiful icon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous, Thank you for this amazing comment and for your prayers. Please could you ask Our Lady's help especially for my Dad...She knows what it is. Also (I hope this isn't taking too long!) please could you pray for Father Stephen Goodman's intentions and his parish Our Lady of Perpetual Succour? Last of all, my Mom says please could you say a big thank you to St Alphonsus for her while you're there as well.....Thank you very much. I will take your intentions to the Novena tonight.
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Charlie,
    Technology is wonderful, but I confess to being something of an ignoramus in its regard! I tried to write to you a short while ago, but I am not sure I succeeded! I just wanted to say I prayed for your intentions, and those you recommended to me, at Our Lady's shrine earlier this evening. Tomorrow a Solemn Triduum begins, in preparation for Her feast on Sunday. Lately I have been reading about Ven. Solanus Casey, OFM Cap., who taught all who came to him with various intentions to pray, resign themselves to God's will, but also, "Thank Him ahead of time, as a sign of expectant faith". May God bless, and Our Lady protect, you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous...Thankyou so much for letting me know you made it! We never made it to the shrine of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour when I was in Rome in October, but it is now definitely on my list for next time...! Ven Solanus Casey's idea of thanking God ahead of time is great...we are putting it into action in our family so thanks for that!! I will bring your intentions to the rest of our novena..please remember Father here and the parish during your Triduum. What is Our Lady of Perpetual Succour in Italian, by the way?
    Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, ora pro nobis
    Prayers, Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Charlie; will certainly do that. Our Lady's title in Italian is "La Madonna del Perpetuo Soccorso". Also used is "Nostra Madre (Our Mother) del Perpetuo Soccorso". "Ora pro nobis" would translate as "prega per noi". Every peace and blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anon.....Thankyou very much...
    La Madonna del Perpetuo Soccorso perga per noi!
    Love Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlie, I have to admit that I am skeptical regarding the account of the NASA "special type of camera". I have seen this account reprinted dozens of times--never with any elaboration or further references, never with the name of the fifty-ish scientist who decided to become a priest.

    Do you have any additional information?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Unknown/St Thomas, Thankyou for your skepticism....the question is, are you skeptical that this could have happened, or are you skeptical that it actually did happen, as described? If it is the second option, then I am on a mission to find out more for you...please say it is option a...!? By the way, happy feast of St Paul another person, "blinded by the light"!!
    Prayers, Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Charlie, regarding your previous comment to Unknown/St. Thomas...I am holding my uncontrollable laughter in bed trying not to wake up my little baby beside me. Well done!

    "For the people who believe in God, no explanation is necessary. For the people who don't believe in God, no explanation is possible." --quote from the song of St. Bernadette the movie.

    Keep doing what you're doing! Awesome! God bless!

    ReplyDelete