Wednesday, 18 April 2012

St Expeditus


Happy Easter....I'm back!!!

It has been an amazing few weeks with so many beautiful Masses and services...thank you,God and thanks to the Fathers and Brothers of the Birmingham Oratory! You have probably already guessed that, of course, I never had my camera to hand when I needed it....

I have to blog to get in a mention of Thursday's saint, less well known here than in France, it seems, but who has been working overtime for us in the last few weeks.....The saint with the rather unlikely name. When we first discovered him, we thought his name was some kind of postal delivery service....but it turns out he's much more reliable than that!

Saint Expeditus was a Roman legionary... And he operates with predictable military efficiency. want something doing yesterday? Ask Saint Expeditus! He handles legal, financial and romantic enquiries...FAST! We kind of assumed ,with such an unusual name...he'd have what Mom calls a small case load...so why don't you give him something to do? His feast is April 19th..Come on! You could let me know how he has helped you, favours received and all, in my comments section...Honestly, before your novenas to him are out, like on day 2 or 3 , you'll be thanking God for your new best friend. (How is your Latin?). He is pictured with a cross on which is written..."Hodie"..while trodden underfoot is a raven..symbolic of the devil...and the word cras...which my spell checkers stubbornly keep correcting to cars....

There is a website with more details here 

Update 14:11 GMT

For Mom's birthday, today she was given a statue of Saint Expeditus:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlie
    I'm pleased to see you blogging again. You had better not visit my blog this week, as it is devoted to Scotch Whisky. Still, I doubt whether you get £10,000 pocket money each week, so perhaps there is little chance of me leading you astray!
    Happy Easter
    Peter

    ReplyDelete