Sunday, 10 July 2011

A day with Mary

 The day with Mary began at 10:00am, which meant we had to leave at 9:00am. It began with some prayers, hymns and the crowning of Our Lady, led by Fr.Giuseppe F.I. After that there was the Litany of Loretto which was sung in Latin, followed by the 5 Joyful Mysteries. At 11:00am there was a votive Mass of Our Lady,  which was a Missa Solemnis. Fr. Agnellus F.I was Celebrant, Fr. Anton was deacon (who also preached) and Fr. Paul was subdeacon. I served as first acolyte and there was no drama at all!
 Lunch was at 12:30pm for an hour. As soon as that was finished, the Blessed Sacrament was exposed and there was a procession around the Oratory. Fr. Agnellus F.I. preached a sermon on Our Lady; more silent  adoration followed as well as stations of the cross by Blessed Cardinal Newman. Then at  3:15pm there was a tea break.
 The day resumed at 3:45pm with a sermon from Fr.Giuseppe F.I and benediction after which there was conferment of the miraculous medal and the brown scapular.
The day finished with the the Salve Regina.
I would have taken some pictures of the day, if my camera had any batteries!

No comments:

Post a Comment